Research areas of the Department of Ecology and Environmental Safety are as follows:
- spectrophotometric investigation and location of heterogeneous (dispersed) mediums, biomedical diagnostics (Vasyl Petruk, Sergey Kvaternyuk, Olga Bondarchuk);
- waste management (Vasyl Petruk, Vitalii Ishchenko, Roman Petruk);
- development of methods and means of remote air pollution control (Igor Vasylkivskyi);
- processing and recycling of highly toxic chemicals, persistent organic pollutants, pesticides and hazardous waste (Roman Petruk, Vitalii Ishchenko);
- quality and safety of food and drinking water (Oksana Styskal);
- wildlife protection and populations management (Iryna Trach);
- physiological effect of synthetic regulators of plant growth (Olesya Tkachuk).